Information for Sunday classes:
- Class sessions are 6 weeks long, one-hour per class
- Cost of the session is $90/GVDC members and $120/non-members
- GVDC Membership Information: http://www.goletavalleydogclub.org/about/
- All classes take place at Girsh Park in Goleta, behind Costco
- Payment for the class session is due on the first day of the session, checks are made out to “GVDC”
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time to walk your dog and set up your area
Sunday Class Dates, please make a note on your calendars (the gaps in class dates are due to holidays, agility trials etc). No class on Labor Day weekend.
August 19, 26
September 9, 16, 23, 30
9:00am – Fun with Focus, Level 1 (This class has a tendency to fill quickly, please reply asap to hold your spot)
Dogs of all ages and experience levels can benefit from this type of training and learning to focus around distractions. Does your dog lose attention on you when she/he sees other dogs? People? Kids? Additional distractions may include moving objects, food and toys within the dog’s reach. Training is the way to help your dog learn what the right answer is, and you learn to become the reward for your dog. Remember, you need your dog’s attention in order to teach him anything! We will do fun exercises and games that encourage your dog to pay attention to you, despite what is going on around him/her.
This will be an Introductory class and we will help you teach your dog skills such as attention and focus on you around distractions such as other dogs, tempting food, and exciting situations. This is a great place to start if you are interested in dog sport classes in the future such as Agility or Rally Obedience, but also to train skills in your dog that you can use throughout his/her lifetime.
You will need to bring with you: leash and a collar (or a front-clip harness or Gentle Leader is fine as well), a variety of really delicious awesome meaty treats for your dogs, water and a bowl, a crate or pen for your dog is suggested, a chair for yourself, and a clicker.